Recipe for hospitality for NFCT through-paddlers:
1. Pick up paddlers and countless pieces of gear and equipment, filling vehicle to bursting.
2. Drive the long way home (who cares about gas), visiting covered bridges, ski jumps, logging boom relics, and towering mountains.
3. Also scout rivers ahead, sharing river conditions, portaging suggestions and other valuable wisdom.
4. Stop at grocery store.
5. Bring smelly, tired, famished paddlers and afore-mentioned gear, also smelly (and wet), into your home.
6. Provide tea, homegrown peas and hummus, showers, beds, laundry facilities, home cooked supper, well water, grease (for wheels), band aids, coffee packets, more time poring over maps, and warm, caring hearts.
Thank you, Ray and Hildy, for sharing your home, with its comfortable country cottage atmosphere, and making Sydney, Marji, and I a part of your family for a day. Hope we will paddle together one day!
TOTAL MILES: 362.2